Just because cool weather is coming doesn’t mean the party has to move inside. Keep your guests comfortable with these ideas for cozy outdoor entertaining.
1. Have plenty of seating. Mix up the seating. Set up a table area, side chairs, and outdoor friendly poufs throughout the space. This will allow your guests to mingle and be comfortable.
2. Watch the game in comfort. Make sure your TV area has plenty of room to move around so everyone can see the big game.
3. Host a dinner party. An outdoor dinner party is an ideal setting for a fall meal, where food and nature come together. Keep it simple by cooking everything on the grill!
4. Keep everyone warm. Durable outdoor furniture is made more comfortable with blankets and cushions, or start a fire in your outdoor fireplace or fire pit. Adding indoor touches to this outdoor room helps the space feel warm and inviting.
5. Light things up. Transform your space and add a bit of elegance with decorative lighting. Add strings of lights to your pergola or hang lanterns from trees to make your outdoor party glow.
6. Make it a group effort. Relieve the stress of hosting by making it a potluck party. Ask guests to bring a an appetizer, salad, side, or dessert. Then you only have to make the main dish!
7. Have a backup plan. Think through anything that might prevent entertaining outside: bugs, rain, or cold. Your guests will feel taken care of when you’ve thought through every possibility.